vegetarian in miami
September 24, 2008 § 1 Comment
My brother just sent me an email and asked if I could name some vegetarian restaurants in Miami for a co-worker of his who will be traveling there soon. Of course! So, I thought I would broadcast this more widely, in case anyone else if looking for somewhere to dine. This is an extremely partial list, but a good start.
Garden of Eatin – Little Haiti, 136 NW 62nd St
– jamaican, vegan; like really great home cooking; if you eat in, you get soup for free
Books and Books – Lincoln Road and South Miami
– all around cafe; good for people watching too; veg and vegan clearly marked
Greenstreet Cafe – Coconut Grove, 311 Commodore Plaza
– great for brunch; probably good for other meals too; good people watching on the corner
Front Porch Cafe – Ocean Drive
– a long-time establishment that is consistently good; i usually go for brunch, but they have all meals; right near the beach
Sheba Ethiopian Restaurant – Design District, 4029 North Miami Avenue
– not a typical ethiopian restaurant in that orders are individual; food is good, and lots of veggie options
Sublime Restaurant and Bar – Fort Lauderdale, 1431 N Federal Highway
– a newly redone vegetarian (with lots of vegan options) restaurant; a bit of a drive from miami, but nice
Miami Juice– Sunny Isles, 16210 Collins Ave
– more than just juice, though that’s very good too. they have great salads!
Panizza Bistro– just off pedestrian part of Lincoln Road, 1229 Lincoln Road
– one of my all time favorite places for a quick bite to eat. they have great empanadas with many more veg options than is typical for an argentinian restaurant- corn, mushroom, spinach, tomato, etc. they also have facturas, pastries. their cafe con leche is great! a nice place to eat alone.