May 25, 2007 § Leave a comment
As I was explaining in my last post, the weather has gotten warm in Ann Arbor, and my mind is fixating on ways to get out and enjoy the warmth. A few weeks ago, when the air had just started to warm, my hunny and I set out on a picnic at the Botanical Gardens. It was a beautiful day. We enjoyed lovely foods from Morgan & York, including a fresh baguette, cheese, and apples (ok, those were from Whole Foods).
On a different kind of picnic day, I was craving something that my mom used to make for gatherings at our house- pigs in a blanket. The dilemma is that I’m vegetarian, and I really have no desire to eat real hot dogs. So, I bought veggie dogs and some low-fat crescent rolls, and I was good to go. These are really easy to make, and they make the perfect dish to bring over to a friend’s house.
1 pack veggie dogs
1 tube crescent rolls
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Roll out crescent dough, and cut the precut triangles in half.
3. Cut the veggie dogs into pieces that are about 1 inch. (like 4 per link)
4. Roll up the pieces in the dough.
5. Place the dough on the cookie sheet and pop in the oven.
6. They should take about 10 – 15 mins. But, keep an eye on the so they don’t burn.
7. Serve with ketchup or any other of your favorite condiments.